Duration: 6 hours
This course will cover the following:
- Identifying the scope of the Dangerous Goods Rule.
- Identifying driver and loader responsibilities relating to the transport of Dangerous Goods.
- Identifying and explaining documentation requirements relating to the transport of Dangerous Goods.
- Identifying the requirements for packages containing Dangerous Goods in Limited Quantities (DGLQ).
- Demonstrating knowledge of segregation requirements and segregating Dangerous Goods.
- Demonstrating knowledge of placarding requirements and placarding vehicles and freight contrainers containing Dangerous Goods.
- Identifying driver actions and considerations in the event of an incident or emergency.
- Unit Standard 16718.
All training aids and resource material will be supplied on the day.
Upon successful completion of the theory, you will be issued with NZTA certificate, which needs to be taken to your nearest AA or VTNZ in order to be uploaded onto your licence.
PLEASE NOTE: You are NOT licenced to transport Dangerous or Hazardous Goods until the Dangerous Goods Endorsement has been uploaded onto your licence.You ONLY have 60 days to upload the Dangerous Goods certificate onto your licence.
This course is based on the New Zealand Qualifications Authority Unit Standard 16718.
For further information, please view our Dangerous Goods Information Sheet.