About this course
This course covers operation of Truck Mounted Crane, Truck Mounted Loading Equipment and Hydraulic Knuckle Boom Crane.
This is a NON Unit Standard based course for Truck Mounted Crane which covers both theory as well as practical training and assessment of the machine.
The Competency Course has been specifically developed to suit the needs of businesses to comply with duties under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 that operate under the cranes regulation.
No Truck Mounted Crane Operation experience required!
This course is mainly aimed at novice operators or someone who has never operated a Truck Mounted Crane before.
It is recommended that this course is completed every 3 years to show competency and ensure that safe work practices are kept up.
Truck Mounted Crane courses are held at the following locations:
|Onehunga:||Once a month|
|Hamilton:||Available on demand|
This course costs $595.00 including GST.
There are no prerequisites for this course. However, it is expected that you read through the pre-course resource material prior to attending.
Takes approximately 4 hours in the classroom and covers:
- Health' n 'Safety and hazards in the workplace, and how to manage those hazards
- Parts of the Truck Mounted Crane and what they do
- Safe working practices and site set up
- How to read load charts so you don't overload the Truck Mounted Crane
- Inspection of equipment
Takes approximately 40 min per person. Each student individually will complete TWO operations covering the following:
- Vehicle and crane pre-check
- Setting up the Truck Mounted Crane individually
- Unfolding arms ready for use
- Completing two lifts with different lifting equipment and loads
- Folding the crane away ready for transport